A Nation for All, H4Ck3Rs_, Gamers, Authors, LoLZ, Quiche, WTFLOLBBQ, Family, Fun, Minecraft, Starbound, Halo, Streaming

Topic: Let's play Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds World Championship 2010 - Reverse of Arcadia!  (Read 22435 times)

Offline D.Knight Sevus

• Contributer
  • Rep: 10

• Awards:
    You have been a member of the Legend Zero Nation for five years! Someone accepted your friend request! You have been a member of the Legend Zero Nation for a year! You have been a citizen of the nation for a whole 730 days!

• View Profile
Re: Let's play Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds World Championship 2010 - Reverse of Arcadia!
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2010, 04:17:40 AM »
February 15th is when it's supposed to come out. And like I said, we can always follow Lyra there. Besides, there's some cool strategies that I'll be able to show off that aren't in Reverse of Arcadia.
"Cast light upon the darkened earth. Save those lost in despair. O Mighty Ocean, guide us, as we journey through the darkest pit of night. May time, ever fleeting, forgive us...we who have forsaken our song, and buried our future."

"In this world, there are things that people mustn't touch...who cares!?"

"The world of dueling trembles before our combined powers!" - Gavan Liadon, Let's Play: Stardust Accelerator

Offline Legundo

• Head Honcho
  • Rep: 75

• Awards:
    You played in the HVD Alpha. You have 10 Friends!! You have been a member of the Legend Zero Nation for five years! You found the X... that probably took a while.

• LegendZero
    • TheLZNation
    • View Profile
    • The Nation
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2010, 12:21:54 PM »
Sucks this story is ending, but defenate excitement for the next.
Leader of the LZ EMPIRE! :legend:
Time is time.  Code = Lots of time, no matter what.

Offline D.Knight Sevus

• Contributer

• Awards:
    You have been a member of the Legend Zero Nation for five years! Someone accepted your friend request! You have been a member of the Legend Zero Nation for a year! You have been a citizen of the nation for a whole 730 days!

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2010, 01:34:02 AM »
Not finishing this game is definitely a bit of a downer, but I'm looking forward to Over the Nexus, and hoping that it'll be better.

I'm going to go ahead and keep posting here, probably some card strategies, or maybe another "break my game" segment.

Today's strategy is: Lightsworn!

The Lightsworn are a collection of LIGHT-Attribute monsters with powerful effects, but mill cards from their owner's deck. They almost resemble a D&D adventuring party, though the beasts, Celestia, Lightsworn Angel, and Gragonith, Lightsworn Dragon are a little out of place. The deck's ace card is Judgment Dragon, a 3000 ATK behemoth that can only be Special Summoned if 4 Lightsworn monsters with different names are in the player's graveyard, and can destroy every other card on the field for a mere 1000 LP.

Lightsworn initially played mostly as a swarm-and-beatdown strategy, summoning Judgment Dragon, and then swarming Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner to end the game in a single turn. Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter and Lumina alongside a Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior gave the deck strong opening plays, and the deck could take advantage of its self-milling by using Necro Gardna and Wulf, Lightsworn Beast. Gardna negates an attack by removing itself in the Graveyard from play, and Wulf can be Special Summoned when its sent from the Deck to the Graveyard. It also could afford to play in a fairly reckless manner due to its recovery options in Beckoning Light and Monster Reincarnation, and Honest would save a Lightsworn that would otherwise be destroyed in battle.

The Duelist Genesis is most famous for spawning the infamous Tele-DAD deck, a Synchro deck using Destiny Heroes as its engine and Emergency Teleport to allow for instant Synchros, but it also gave Lightsworn Charge of the Light Brigade, a card that sends 3 cards from the top of the player's deck to the Graveyard and then allows the player to add a Level 4 or lower Lightsworn to their hand. With Charge of the Light Brigade, Lightsworn became far more consistent, with Charge into Lumina into Garoth plays being a common opening move.

Crossroads of Chaos gave a further boon to Lightsworn decks, and decks in general, with Plaguespreader Zombie, a Level 2 tuner that can be Special Summoned from the Graveyard by returning a card from the hand to the top of the deck, but it's removed from play if it leaves the field after using that effect. Plaguespreader gave Lightsworn access to Synchro monsters without having to rely on Lightwave Tuning, as well as a self-recurring target for Crush Card Virus.

Pure Lightsworn had a great deal of difficulty in actually winning major tournaments, however, so duelists started experimenting with different hybrids of the decks. Two of the most popular were Zombiesworn or Deadlords, essentially a Zombie deck using Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter and Charge of the Light Brigade to fuel the graveyard for the effects of Mezuki, Zombie Master, and Book of Life, and Twilight, a deck that aimed to merge the powerful DAD and Lightsworn archetypes, aiming to utilize the incredible drawing power offered by access to both Allure of Darkness and Solar Recharge, as well as access to both Dark Armed Dragon and Judgment Dragon. Twilight was initially unsuccessful as the two decks didn't mesh well, but after the release of Tragoedia, a more Lightsworn-focused and consistent build emerged as one of the top decks of the format, successful enough that Necro Gardna, Tragoedia, Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner, and Charge of the Light Brigade were all Limited to weaken it.

With both Charge of the Light Brigade and Lumina Limited, Lightsworn is most commonly used now as an engine to fuel other decks that gain benefit from sending cards to the Graveyard, Flamvell, Zombies, even Dragon decks can all successfully run a Lightsworn engine. However, Archlord Kristya gave Lightsworn a powerful control card wrapped up in a neat little 2800 ATK body, so Lightsworn still can stand on their own.

Here's a sample deck.

24 Monsters
1 Aurkus, Lightsworn Druid
2 Archlord Kristya
3 Celestia, Lightsworn Angel
1 Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
1 Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
1 Glow-Up Bulb
2 Honest
2 Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
2 Judgment Dragon
1 Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
2 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
1 Necro Gardna
1 Plaguespreader Zombie
2 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
2 Wulf, Lightsworn Beast

9 Spells
1 Charge of the Light Brigade
1 Cold Wave
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Reinforcement of the Army
3 Solar Recharge

7 Traps
2 Beckoning Light
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Solemn Warning
1 Torrential Tribute

Extra Deck is up to personal preference.
"Cast light upon the darkened earth. Save those lost in despair. O Mighty Ocean, guide us, as we journey through the darkest pit of night. May time, ever fleeting, forgive us...we who have forsaken our song, and buried our future."

"The world of dueling trembles before our combined powers!" - Gavan Liadon, Let's Play: Stardust Accelerator

Offline YuseiFudo5D

• Weekend Gamer
  • Rep: 2

• Awards:

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2010, 11:10:45 PM »
There's also a game for the Wii called "Duel Transor" that has a scanner for the cards. I'm jumping outta my shoes for that! :D
"Let's Rev it up!" <--- Yusei Fudo, YGO 5D's
"Your deck is unbalanced, Yusei. If you want to win, you must believe in the power of all cards in your deck." <-- Jack Atlas

Offline Legundo

• Head Honcho

• Awards:
    You played in the HVD Alpha. You have 10 Friends!! You have been a member of the Legend Zero Nation for five years! You found the X... that probably took a while.

• LegendZero
    • TheLZNation
    • View Profile
    • The Nation
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »
There's also a game for the Wii called "Duel Transor" that has a scanner for the cards. I'm jumping outta my shoes for that! :D

How would that work? YGO cards dont have any sort of barcode or scannable ID.

Offline D.Knight Sevus

• Contributer

• Awards:

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2010, 01:00:23 AM »
Duel Terminal cards do.

I'm guessing the scanner works by optical recognition - which is why it's limited, you can't use Special Edition cards and other similar promos or Ghost Rares with it.

Offline Legundo

• Head Honcho

• Awards:

• LegendZero
    • TheLZNation
    • View Profile
    • The Nation
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2010, 12:30:58 PM »
Interesting, can I see one of these barcodes?

And I forgot images, that makes sense it is a unique identifier, complicated as fuck to analyze, but unique.

Offline ShawnTG

• Production Chairman
  • Rep: 43

• Awards:
    You have been a member of the Legend Zero Nation for five years! Another year... another fistfight. You found another hat... MONEEEY!!!

• sbigmang23
    • sbigmang23
    • View Profile
    • SGStudio
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2010, 05:55:10 PM »
here's what yugioh.wikia.com has to say about this new-fangled thing:

Duel Terminal Edition cards are dispensed exclusively from "Duel Terminal" arcade machines. They are identified by having DUEL TERMINAL where the card's edition would be. This indicates that the card is compatible with the "Duel Terminal"; only Duel Terminal Edition cards can be used at "Duel Terminals". Duel Terminal Edition cards also have a very faint (near-invisible, in-fact) QR code printed in the center of the card.

The Duel Terminal itself looks like a traditional arcade machine, and has a variety of game modes, using cards from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Official Card Game. Players can either use a Deck chosen by the system, or the Duelist can use his/her own cards, provided they have DUEL TERMINAL (or "Duel Terminal", on the English cards) where the Edition should be. These cards are recognized by the built-in card scanner, allowing the player to use the card in the game. "Duel Terminal Edition" cards are only available from "Duel Terminals". The game itself is priced at 100 Yen per play in Japan, $1 per play in the United States and 50 pesos per play in México.

However, Duel Terminal cards themselves are not playable in sanctioned tournaments unless they have also been released in a more widely available source, such as Hidden Arsenal 2.

----

Very interesting concept, I gotta say...

Offline D.Knight Sevus

• Contributer

• Awards:

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2010, 03:08:18 AM »
Pretty much the wikia article covered everything. The Duel Terminal is a blast to play, by the way.

Well, I don't have another strategy for everyone today, but it's time for another edition of "Break my YGO Game!"

Tag Force 5 is the most recent in the Tag Force series of games for the PSP, noted for their Tag Duel style, method of replicating the Heart of the Cards through the Destiny Draw mechanic, and perks for having previous games through UMD Recognition. Unfortunately DP grinding is a problem, as in all YGO games, but this one has a grinding method that makes gaining DP ridiculously easy.

First of all, you need to beat the game with a single character. Leo would be best because he makes Kalin available, who in turn makes the Rapid Enforcement pack available while he's your partner. Afterwards, you unlock the ability to play in "Handicap Duels."

Next, build a deck that contains 3 copies each of Hidden Arsenal, Reversal Quiz, Fuhma Shuriken, and Black Pendant, and fill the rest of the deck with as many draw spells as you can. If you run out of draw spells, fill the rest of the deck with search Spells that can target other spells, Toon Table of Contents, 2x Gather your Mind, and the like. Set Reversal Quiz as your Destiny Draw. Next, find a duelist with a high-level deck, and challenge them to a Handicap Duel using the Biggest Handicap option. Crow is a good choice for this. If you win the Rock-Paper-Scissors game, elect to go second.

At the Biggest Handicap, you start with only 100 Life Points to your opponent's 16000, and you only have 30 seconds to finish your turn. But that's where your strategy comes into play. With such adverse conditions, if you go second, you're guaranteed to get a Destiny Draw. Then you just play out your draw as quickly as you can until you reach Hidden Arsenal, Fuhma Shuriken, or Black Pendant, set your Equip Spell (after fetching it with Arsenal, if necessary), and then Reversal Quiz, calling Spell. Since your Deck is made up entirely of Spell Cards, you'll always call correctly, you'll trade your 100 LP for your opponent's 16000 (up to 19000 if you've used Upstart Goblin), and win due to your Equip Spell being sent to the Graveyard.

It gets even better if you have access to UMD recognition with the prior games once you unlock the ability to use 1 Forbidden Card in your deck. Philosopher's Stone - Sabatier lets you add any 1 card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand at the cost of half your Life Points. With 12 cards each being potentially one-half of your OTK, the chance of starting with at least one is pretty good, and with Sabatier as your Destiny Draw, you're guaranteed to get your other half. Pot of Greed is an acceptable substitute if you don't have the previous games though.

By including a Forbidden card in your deck, you also shift every duelist in the game to using their 04 deck, and both Crow and Luna have Level 10 04 decks that can't inflict Burn damage. So by dueling them, you'll be gaining between 1700 and 2000 DP a duel, with minimal effort! This method also generates a great deal of affection with the person you're dueling due to you winning with such a massive handicap.

This should also work in Tag Force 4, though Into the Void is unavailable there.

Offline YuseiFudo5D

• Weekend Gamer

• Awards:

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2010, 05:13:48 PM »
I got Tag Force 4 right now, but I'm having a problem learning how to duel in that game... Seems to be like that since I went with the DS games first, and they have the touch screen.
"Your deck is unbalanced, Yusei. If you want to win, you must believe in the power of all cards in your deck." <-- Jack Atlas

Offline ShawnTG

• Production Chairman

• Awards:
    You have been a member of the Legend Zero Nation for five years! Another year... another fistfight. You found another hat... MONEEEY!!!

• sbigmang23
    • sbigmang23
    • View Profile
    • SGStudio
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2010, 12:46:44 PM »
I got Tag Force 4 right now, but I'm having a problem learning how to duel in that game... Seems to be like that since I went with the DS games first, and they have the touch screen.

Nintendo DS > PSP :D
(sorry, couldn't resist)

Wow, I highly doubt my old-school dueling would stand a chance in the game nowadays.  Something tells me Skill Drain or the Horus-Jinzo theme aren't as devastating as they once were...

Offline YuseiFudo5D

• Weekend Gamer

• Awards:

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2010, 05:54:20 PM »
Well, I haven't got a Horus deck built yet (I've got a Warriors, Unite! deck in Reverse of Arcadia, tho), so I don't know yet.

Also, I was gonna ask Sevus if you can actually play as Kalin as well. Might decide if I wanna pair up with him later on.

Offline D.Knight Sevus

• Contributer

• Awards:

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2010, 08:59:50 PM »
Skill Drain is actually still potentially devastating, Beast King Barbaros and Beast Machine King Barbaros Ur are easily summoned and become massive threats under Skill Drain, and the deck also has Forbidden Chalice to work as a one-turn targeted Skill Drain. Skill Drain also stops Judgment Dragon, Black Rose Dragon, Gladiator Beast Gyzarus, XX-Saber Hyunlei, and the like, which are very real threats. So much that Skill Drain recently got Semi-Limited.

The fact that more players rely on monster effects over Spells and Traps makes Horus/Jinzo (or Horus/Decree) a much less stable deck. As tech in a Disaster Dragon deck, Horus LV6/8 can improve their matchups against Spell dependent decks considerably, however, such as Gemini City.

Yusei: I'm not certain that any YGO game lets you actually play as another character. You can partner with  (spoiler)!Kalin in TF4 as well as Enforcer!Kalin if you have TF and TF2.

Offline Legundo

• Head Honcho

• Awards:

• LegendZero
    • TheLZNation
    • View Profile
    • The Nation
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2010, 09:14:36 PM »
Sbig, rejoyce! Forced normality is once again a player.

Now if only GraveKeepers still rocked it...

Offline YuseiFudo5D

• Weekend Gamer

• Awards:

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2010, 09:15:28 PM »
:P Sweet! Kinda gets boring partnering with Yusei and Jack and at times Crow. I'm just wondering if in the 2011 WC if Kalin will be a partner or not. Speaking of World Championships, I'm back on WC2009 trying to replay a few parts to get some more cards.

Well, if the newest games get up to the newest packs, they will be, cause there's new GK's out as well.

Offline D.Knight Sevus

• Contributer

• Awards:

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2010, 04:01:10 PM »
Sbig, rejoyce! Forced normality is once again a player.

Now if only GraveKeepers still rocked it...

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.....

*labored breathing*

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

You're so not going to believe this, Legend.

http://www.konami.com/yugioh/blog/?p=4861

Take a look.

Done? Yep, that's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place swept by Gravekeeper decks. In the most recent Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series tournament (the successor to the Shonen Jump Championships). Your wish is granted, my friend. Gravekeepers rock.

Offline ShawnTG

• Production Chairman

• Awards:

• sbigmang23
    • sbigmang23
    • View Profile
    • SGStudio
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2010, 04:42:18 PM »
Duuude!  So, if we were to re-enter the game, our decks could still kick ass!  I know back in the day when the Monarchs were just released, the Skill Drain (with a Fusilier Dragon kicker) build obliterated those suckers.  Seeing that same strategy still packs a punch makes me  :clap:

Offline D.Knight Sevus

• Contributer

• Awards:

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2010, 04:53:06 PM »
Even better? The next set, Storm of Ragnarok completes the trifecta. The True Six Samurai monsters catapulted Six Samurai in Japan into the deck to beat, over Light/Gemini/Hero beatdown and Blackwings. Yes, in Japan, Six Samurai are Tier 0.

EDIT: Speaking of which, that gives me an idea for today's strategy, Gravekeeper's cards!

The Gravekeeper's cards, not counting Gravekeeper's Servant, first debuted in the Pharonic Guardian expansion as the opposition to the Dark Scorpions, whose leader was released in the same set. They were tasked with keeping intruders out of the Necrovalley, and they were really, really good at it. Necrovalley's 500 ATK and DEF boost is unparalleled by any Field Card in the game, and that's on top of its effect of preventing the desecration of the Graveyard. Gravekeeper's Spy and Gravekeeper's Guard are high DEF walls that only become more ridiculous with Necrovalley and have useful flip effects, Spy being able to Special Summon almost any Gravekeeper's monster out there. For offense, they have Gravekeeper's Assailant, a 2000 ATK monster that can force a monster to change battle position when it attacks with Necrovalley in play, and Gravekeeper's Spear Soldier, a piercing monster that also has 2000 ATK when Necrovalley-boosted. Royal Tribute discarding all monsters in both player's hands was a potentially crippling card, especially with Necrovalley keeping the Graveyards sealed, and Rite of Spirit let Gravekeeper's revive their own even with Necrovalley in play.

Reliance on a field card was their downfall, however, as without it only Gravekeeper's Spy and Gravekeeper's Guard are potential threats, and at the time Heavy Storm, Harpie's Feather Duster, and triple Mystical Space Typhoon were all available to destroy it. While Gravekeeper's were seen as a solid deck, their weakness was too easily exploited.

Force of the Breaker eased things somewhat with the creation of Gravekeeper's Commandant. As part of the cycle of Field Spell searchers (others being Elemental Hero Captain Gold [Skyscraper], Zeradias, Herald of Heaven [The Sanctuary in the Sky], Harpie Queen [Harpie's Hunting Ground], Archfiend General [Pandemonium], Warrior of Atlantis [A Legendary Ocean], and Destroyersaurus [Jurassic World]), he could be discarded to search your Deck for Necrovalley, or summoned while you already had it as a 2100 ATK monster. Magician's Circle was also a boon for the deck as it is capable of summoning any Gravekeeper's monster.

The big break for Gravekeeper's didn't come until Absolute Powerforce, however, which gave them Gravekeeper's Descendant, a monster that could sacrifice another Gravekeeper to destroy any card on the field, Gravekeeper's Visionary, a new boss monster for Gravekeeper's that starts at 2000 ATK, gains 200 ATK for every Gravekeeper's monster in the Graveyard, and can be saved from destruction by sending a Gravekeeper's monster from your hand to the Graveyard, and Gravekeeper's Steele, a Spell allowing players to return 2 Gravekeeper's monsters in their Graveyard to their hand, even with Necrovalley in play. The TCG introduced Gravekeeper's Priestess as the Sneak Preview card as well, offering a 200 ATK and DEF boost and the ability to treat the field as Necrovalley if no Field Spell was in play, similarly to Maiden of the Aqua.

Structure Deck: Marik improved their lot further, including most of the Gravekeeper's as well as a number of useful support cards in an easy to get package, even the new Gravekeeper's Descendant and Gravekeeper's Visionary!

Their biggest push, however, came with Starstrike Blast, the newest set in the TCG, where Gravekeeper's Recruiter was added as a TCG exclusive card. Recruiter has only middling ATK and DEF, even for a Gravekeeper, but when sent from the field to the Graveyard allows the player to add any 1 Gravekeeper's monster with 1500 or less DEF to their hand! With it, Gravekeeper's became incredibly consistent, and caught the dueling world entirely off-guard in Atlanta during the recent Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series. Only time will tell if they remain a top contender after the world has prepared for them, however.

For a sample deck, please see the link in my earlier post.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 05:44:39 PM by D.Knight Sevus »

Offline YuseiFudo5D

• Weekend Gamer

• Awards:

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2010, 02:50:25 PM »
Yea, I've tried to decide if I want to do a GY deck myself, but I don't know yet if I am or not.

Offline D.Knight Sevus

• Contributer

• Awards:

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2010, 10:56:50 PM »
And another strategy for you, this time one of my favorites: Disaster Dragon!

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon's effect has drawn the eyes of dragon duelists since it was spoiled, and for good reason. Easy to summon, and calls a free dragon for you every turn.

Soon after its release in Japan, a deck called "Hopeless Dragon" was pioneered. It was a highly explosive DARK-based one-turn-kill deck that swarmed multiple high ATK dragons instantly and took advantage of several draw cards. Unfortunately, for all its power, the deck was horribly inconsistent leading to many duelists writing it off as indeed, "Hopeless."

Until Richard Clarke put together a deck he called "Disaster Dragon," a deck that took the power of Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon and focused it into a more control-oriented approach. It wasn't nearly as fast, nor as explosive, but it was far more consistent than the unstable Hopeless.

Disaster Dragon, unlike Hopeless, is usually made up of an all-dragon lineup to support Totem Dragon. It uses Masked Dragon as a toolbox for tuners and spot removal through Exploder Dragon, and then Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon as its power card. Prime Material Dragon and Koa'ki Meiru Drago provide the control aspect, the former being a Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon target that provides protection to your monsters, and the latter shuts down the Special Summon of LIGHT and DARK monsters while being a low-level beatstick that most Normal Summoned monsters can't defeat in battle - a boon against the popular Lightsworn/Twilight and Blackwing decks that dominated during its inception.

Disaster Dragon is actually an archetype that covers a host of variations, all of which expand on the core theme of control through Dragon monsters.

- Standard Disaster: A deck that just focuses on the core archetype, Koa'ki Meiru Dragon, Prime Material Dragon, Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, and the Masked Dragon toolbox.

- Frozen Ray: A WATER variant that uses Blizzard Dragon, Dragon Ice and White Night Dragon as further control and defense options, on top of Spiritual Water Art - Aoi to control the opponent's hand. Gaining traction due to the release of Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier.

- Light and Disaster: A deck focused on control through the effect of Light and Darkness Dragon, occasionally utilizing the loop with Genesis Dragon and Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon to cycle Light and Darkness Dragons. Fell out of popularity due to the rise of Frog OTK/FTK and Frog-Monarch decks, but is seeing a revival due to a lack of its counters being utilized.

- Spirit Well: A deck that uses Yamata Dragon as a source of draw power as well as an additional attacker, relying on Totem Dragon for summoning. Fell out of favor once it was ruled that you couldn't use Totem Dragon's effect to Set a Dragon-Type monster.

- Gemini Shop: A deck that uses Chthonian Emperor Dragon equipped with Supervise as its main attacker, Supervise allowing you to cycle Chthonian Emperor Dragon back after destruction.

- Maximum Sniper: A deck using Koa'ki Meiru Maximus as it's ace monster, for it's once-a-turn destruction ability, compatibility with Trade-In, and the ability to summon it with Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon after it's been properly summoned once.

- The Egg: A deck named after The White Stone of Legend that skews more towards Hopeless Dragon - Cards of Consonance alongside Trade-In provides tremendous draw power, and with Genesis Dragon, it can consistently fuel both. Blue-Eyes in the Graveyard becomes a go-to target for Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon summons. Also my personal favorite variant.

- Koukendan: A variant using Red-Eyes B. Dragon to generate easy Level 8 Synchros with Flamvell Guard and utilize Inferno Fire Blast for tremendous damage.

- Stellar Destruct: A variant utilizing Majestic Star Dragon to either inflict massive damage or destroy all cards the opponent controls. Plays more conservatively than standard Disaster variants until it explodes into the Majestic Star Dragon summon. Fell out of favor with the popularity of Solemn Warning.

- Assault and Disaster: A variant utilizing Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode to do most things Light and Disaster can, but on a grander scale. Also fell out of favor with the popularity of Solemn Warning.

- Unity Disaster: An infant variant using Dragunity monsters to utilize the power of Dragunity Knight - Gae Dearg and the Dragunity Dux -> Dragunity Phalanx -> Dragunity Knight - Vajrayanda engine.

And I probably forgot a few variants there! Here's a sample build of just the standard variant.

22 Monsters
1 Delta Flyer
2 Dread Dragon
2 Exploder Dragon
3 Koa'ki Meiru Drago
2 Masked Dragon
2 Prime Material Dragon
3 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
2 Red-Eyes Wyvern
1 Strong Wind Dragon
2 Totem Dragon
2 Vice Dragon

12 Spells
1 A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon
3 Book of Moon
1 Burial from a Different Dimension
1 Dark Hole
1 Future Fusion
1 Giant Trunade
1 Gold Sarcophagus
1 Monster Reborn
2 Mystical Space Typhoon

7 Traps
1 Burst Breath
2 Seven Tools of the Bandit
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Solemn Warning
1 Torrential Tribute

15 Extra
1 Five-Headed Dragon
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Ancient Fairy Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Colossal Fighter
1 Dark End Dragon
1 Exploder Dragonwing
1 Goyo Guardian
1 Iron Chain Dragon
1 Magical Android
1 Red Dragon Archfiend
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Trident Dragion

Offline YuseiFudo5D

• Weekend Gamer

• Awards:

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2010, 09:26:02 AM »
So, what would my version be with how I use FGD and Future Fusion to get the dragons I need into the GY for the Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon?

Offline D.Knight Sevus

• Contributer

• Awards:

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2010, 07:19:53 PM »
Honestly...that's a trick every dragon deck uses.

Offline Legundo

• Head Honcho

• Awards:

• LegendZero
    • TheLZNation
    • View Profile
    • The Nation
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2010, 12:02:04 PM »
Seeing these makes me want to make these kind of cards for HAX but with overdrive instead of synchro. you're giving me great ideas here sevus.

Offline ShawnTG

• Production Chairman

• Awards:

• sbigmang23
    • sbigmang23
    • View Profile
    • SGStudio
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2010, 05:46:35 PM »
I see Trap Hole and Bottomless Trap Hole are too old fashioned for you, eh?  If I see it right, the right amount of Bottomlesses can stop any Synchro in its tracks.  And you're running a Dragon deck with no Stamping Destruction?  Man, I feel like an old fogey in this game :lol:

Offline D.Knight Sevus

• Contributer

• Awards:

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2010, 01:16:40 AM »
Trap Hole could actually be useful this format...but Bottomless not so much.

The most popular decks right now run a lot monsters too weak for Bottomless to catch - Plant Synchro, Gravekeepers, Blackwings...and by the time my opponent actually summons something strong enough to get hit by it, it's probably been destroyed, bounced to my hand with Giant Trunade, or made useless with Cold Wave. It's a good card, it's just not good right now, especially since Solemn Warning does everything it can better. And just says no to Stardust Dragon.

Believe it or not, A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon is actually better than Stamping Destruction - Vice Dragon and Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon make its cost a non-issue, and it's entirely unexpected in a format where Heavy Storm is Forbidden.

anything